Straight Up Metal Buildings Ltd. senior managers, managers and supervisors will provide a healthy and safe environment for all of its employees, clients, contractors, and visitors to work and operate in. Our goal is to ensure everyone goes home safe. We believe that all workplace incidents can be prevented through awareness and following our safety standards and programs. We are committed to being an industry leader in safety.
SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT: Straight Up Metal Buildings Ltd. is committed in:
- Proper tools and equipment for all to perform their tasks safely and efficiently.
- Appropriate training for all levels of employees to perform the work in a safe manner.
- A thorough and clear Safety Program and Plan.
- Support to abide and follow all legistative laws from a federal, provincial and municipal level.
- Tools and procedures for all to help identify, eliminate and control hazards in the work place.
- Clear company rules and expectations and to communicate these to everyone on a consistent basis.
- The awareness of the three rights for employees. The right to know, the right to participate and the right to refuse any dangerous work.
Straight-Up training Matrix consists of multiple courses when applicable:
- New Employee orientation
- Yard / Visitor orientation
- Formal Hazard Assessment
- First Aid
- Formal inspection & Investigation
- Leadership for Safety Excellence
- Fall Arrest
- Lift / Arial work platforms
- Overhead Crane